Prepare a Business for Sale
- Reduce borrowings as much as possible / in full.
- Ensure your tax returns are up-to-date.
- Ensure you have all your paperwork in order: Employment Contracts, Safety Statements, GDPR oblications etc.
- In some situations, having written contracts with customers / suppliers may strenghten the offering.
- If there are a number of different strands / locations to your business you may wish to separate out into separate legal entities or have dedicated management accounts for each strand / location.
- You may want to decide now how best to structure your business / the sale to be the most tax effective. A qualified tax advisor should be employed to carry out this work.
There are numerous other items you may need to consider / implement particular to your business.
Go For Brokers are happy to guide you through this process and introduce you to the right partners.